• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Pro-portioner vs downstreaming

Bill Hudson

I understand how downstreaming works. My question what are the pro's and cons between d/s and using the Pro-portioner. In my simple mind, if I have the pro-portioner, there is no reason to d/s. I'm not concerned about running chemicals through my pump. I'm using a 10gpm booster pump that pushes about 140 psi.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Your booster pump along with the proportioner will allow you to get a stronger mix on a surface while at the same time giving you the ability to zero in on a precise mix that you need. So if you need a 10%, 20%, 30% mix etc, you have the ability to do that without guessing. Down streaming your pretty much limited the flow of your pump (GPM), length of hose, injectors placement, etc etc. When using the proportioner you will need to either have an extra hose for rinsing, or switch your booster to plain water.....for down streaming though, you can either change nozzles or use a remote control for rinsing, and not have to go back to the truck.

We do both, we have a proportioner (and we love it) on our dedicated pump system, and we also down stream a lot to. It just all depends on the job and surface we cleaning. For some like Ray Burke, I think all he uses is a Booster Pump and proportioner.