• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Getting Ready For The Offseason

Eric Holmes

Contributing Member
Hello fellow softwashers, this post is just to see what preventive measures you take to ensure no damage goes to your equipment during the winter months. Im asking if I should disassemble my pumps and take them inside until next spring when I start back servicing customers again? What are some of your practices to ensure you don't have to do costly repairs for next season?

Chris Dubbs

A lot of people will blow the whole system out with air. Others like me just run a tank of antifreeze or window washer fluid through the system. I use washer fluid because it's cheaper and I keep the rig inside a garage. RV antifreeze will probably be your go to for outdoors. Doesn't hurt to start the machines every week and let the antifreeze circulate. Also a gas treatment and or diesel treatment helps your fuel tanks from gelling up and skunking the fuel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Art Oliveri

Make a tool out of PVC and a tire valve. You will need to go to HD for a brass fitting to go from PVC to Garden hose fitting

Attachments

• DSC05071.jpg
    DSC05071.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 33

Guy Blackmon

Blow out, Tarp, & heater for the hot water skids.....I go a little overboard, but our equipment protection is a high priority in the Winter.

John Burdine Jr

Contributing Member
Blow out and then antifreeze works much much better than either option on their own. It near impossible for air to remove all the moisture, and antifreeze tends to mix with water so its also hard to get it truly frost proof, do both to be sure your safe. All that said, something tiny like a 12v pump can just be taken inside.