• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Dirt Dobbers and Dryvit.

Chris Apple

How do yall tackle this?

These nests are hardley ever a problem on other surfaces but with dryvit youve got to get up close and personal.

We just finished a couple of large dryvit homes and we spent quite a bit of time dealing with them. I found a toothbrush to be the best. A quick squirt of f13 really helped break the stains as well. I need to take a picture of the toothbrush weve got rubber banded to the end of a gutter pole!

David Vicars

We also knock them down first. Then soap and rinse. If a shadow is still there, we take straight house wash mix and brush the shadow and rinse.
I carry 4 different size brushes with me and use the one I need.

Chris Apple

Well David.... I finished those houses a few months ago! Haha. I did bid a pretty good size hotel last week that has a ton of them. I hate them. They are a complete pita. They do resemble dollar signs stuck to the wall!

David Vicars

LOL, Chris. Yeah I missed it then. Good luck on the hotel bid.

This is a good subject you brought up. I'm hoping we can get more tips on washing those $$$ off the wall.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
I use a small scraper, like a 5 in 1 tool painters use, or anything with a good flat/straight edge. Duct Tape it really good, (or screwit on if has threads that match) to an extension pole, then I just place the scraper end right at the Dobber, and kind of pop it off. Once we get em all down then just rinse or spray down with house wash. I put a disclaimer in bid that 100% of stain may not come out.

Doug Gore

We use PVC pipe. You can use 1/2" and 3/4" depending on where they are. You just rub the edge of the PVC on the driveway to sharpen or create the edge you need. The PVC isn't so solid that it damages the stucco and isn't so soft that it wont do the job. Then we finish up with a house wash mix and the brush taped to a pole like you see in the video above.

Bill Booz

UAMCC Board of Directors
Great Video Richard! Good to see you here Doug!
I don't want to knock out Dragon Juice (so I won't bother mentioning other product names), I love it! I did want to point out that we had success cleaning like Richard does with other cleaners that where solvents, so people could experiment if they are in a pinch.

Adam Austin

Contributing Member
I love that video, lol. If you follow my steps in the video, you'll get great results.

I have used other stuff, but Dragon juice does the job of getting rid of the dauber without the dangers those other cleaners bring.

Cool seeing my dirt dauber removal video made it here.