• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Chems for cleaning Hardie board cement siding?

Rico1

I am seeing more of this cement siding and finally got a gig to clean some. Does anyone have experience with this i.e. what chems. work well, or any words of caution?

an ounce of prevention...

Lonnie Greenwood

I went to the manufacturer's website and they recommend the following and there is alot more info on the link I am providing.

"High Pressure water blasts (e.g. pressure washers and sand
blasting) will damage the surface of fiber-cement. James
Hardie does not recommend these methods of cleaning. Low
pressure water spray, or a soft brush are more suitable"

Look under the "Tips and articles" section http://www.jameshardie.com/homeowner/improveYourHome_articlesResources_technicalDocuments.shtml

Guy Blackmon

Be sure to "Hand Check" for oxidation, this siding is prone to oxidize badly on the side that gets the most Sun. Like Mike said "Low Pressure"

Brian Wendling

Do not put to much of the 12% on it. The painted siding will fade easily. We already had a problem last summer in the heat with to much house wash. Just be careful or you can be painting.

Rico1

It is painted and it's been on less than a year, i think, so oxidation is not an issue yet. I have taken your advice and checked their web site, low pressure is way to go. I just talked this guy into waiting till it warms up a bit, it would be mess right now (mid 30's) so i'll keep this on file.

Excellent stuff guys!

Thanks a bunch!

Randy Borio

Did one last fall, last job of the year in fact. As posted low pressure and a mild mix with a soft brush. Worked so well it was ALMOST like stealing.

James Foley

I have seen the incorrect paint used and the paint start to chalk and absorb moisture in one year. Mildew gets sucked in a bit more and more work to get rid of.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Hey Jeff, do you service humble kingwood area. I get homes every now and then that need siding ( that old particle board stuff) replaced.

Richard Velazquez

Contributing Member
Something I do on the darker color houses is do a test spot to ensure no fading or reaction with paint. Reds, browns, & blues are more susceptible to fading for some reason. Guess this will have to deal more with the quality of paint used vs the siding.