• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Is it possible?

topcoat

Contributing Member
So I am curious...what does he do Scott to bring that kind of money in? :biggrin:

I dont want to reveal too much, as I do hope to be his official biographer. In very general terms, I would say that we all kill ourselves a little each day, Ron just on a larger scale. I think Ron appreciates the spirit in which I tell him that he is the Don King of pw-ing. And I do not mean that in a derogatory sense.

Soleil Shepherd

Scott's right, Ron rocks, so full of energy. I don't know where he gets it!

I'm thinking you guys maybe should consider bringing him back. I don't know what happened before, but maybe it's time to bury the hatchet, it's a new year - new beginnings?

Brian Wendling

You can do it but you need to work a lot. We have 3-4 crews working and in 3 months April, May, June you need to work every day and only take off on holidays. But we have done almost 100,000.00 in 1 month on mostly Res. We usually get some Commercial jobs that will go into those numbers. In order to make the money you need to get some town homes or building that are 10,000 jobs you can do in a couple days. But 1 truck with 2 guys can make 1,500-2,000. a day. Come end of June I start to hate everyone. Some times when I have a difficult customer I will say NO POWER WASH FOR YOU.

Ken Fenner

LOL.. no kidding, Brian. Now try adding in trying to squeeze in 30 estimates over a weekend and dealing with "your guys got a drop of stain on the end of my driveway." There has to be a better way to make money.

Scott Davis

yes Don i think it is easily possible. We did $85k our first year and $120k this last year and if you saw how many days we actually worked you wouldnt believe it. We averaged about 7-10 jobs a month, total. If we can bring in 65% more work or 6.5 new jobs a month we can break 200k and still have plenty of leisure time.My goal is to have no liesure time and break $400k within a couple of years from now.

(we are talking gross numbers right?)

Don M.

yes Don i think it is easily possible. We did $85k our first year and $120k this last year and if you saw how many days we actually worked you wouldnt believe it. We averaged about 7-10 jobs a month, total. If we can bring in 65% more work or 6.5 new jobs a month we can break 200k and still have plenty of leisure time.My goal is to have no liesure time and break $400k within a couple of years from now.

Yes, gross dollars.

Scott, the majority of the jobs were commerical roof cleanings, right?

Ken Fenner

Scott, I need to hire you as a business advisor.. no joke. If you can hit $400K gross with one crew I need some serious advice.

Scott Davis

Don, no 99% of our work is residential, only a few jobs were commercial.

Ken, I don't plan it with 1 crew. I plan on it with multiple crews. Only way I can do it with 1 crew would be to land a dozen or so apartment complexes, which are a PITA to close.

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
Don, no 99% of our work is residential, only a few jobs were commercial.

Ken, I don't plan it with 1 crew. I plan on it with multiple crews. Only way I can do it with 1 crew would be to land a dozen or so apartment complexes, which are a PITA to close.

$400k with one crew? I need to go back to school. We do $400 with 3 -4 crews. Dont let my wife see this she will be on my a-- to fire those three other crews LOL LOL

Scott Davis

That's what I mean, it would be next to impossible to wash 400k with 1 crew. Only way I could think of would be a bunch of apartment complexes which my crew could do. My plan is to do it with 3-4 crews as well. We just need the volume which we can't seem to drum up.

Jeff LeCours

That's what I mean, it would be next to impossible to wash 400k with 1 crew. Only way I could think of would be a bunch of apartment complexes which my crew could do. My plan is to do it with 3-4 crews as well. We just need the volume which we can't seem to drum up.

If I could spread the jobs out instead of them being stacked on top of each other for 6 months instead of over 12 months, I could do 500K with two crews and thats at our crummy pricing that's going on now. I have to have the third crew because most of my work is in a 6-7 month period and just can not get it done with just two crews. I have had my 3rd trailer sitting not working about 6 months this year

Its weird, I have less man hours = less payroll this year by far, but our numbers are only down by about 30K all in all it looks like I made more money this year in my pocket. I will know better soon, after I go over everything with the accountant. It sure does help to have efficient crews

Now residential if the work is there I can see two maybe 3 crews doing 500K. But to drum up enough of work, I would think pricing would actually have to be lower than what you would usually do, just to capture more market share. But then again that's our market here in SC. I dont think there's enough higher end work to be captured by one company to get you to 500K around here or much of the southeast
Even established companies, would have to put a lot every year into advertising and return work to stay around or above 500K

Good luck all in 2010

Terry Miller

Just a comment. I have a friend in Pa. that is a painting contractor. He grosses, get this. 6 Million. Residential only. There is not a set amount you can make. it is up to your plan and what you do to accomplish it. PWing is no different.

Last edited:

Scott Davis

If I could spread the jobs out instead of them being stacked on top of each other for 6 months instead of over 12 months, I could do 500K with two crews and thats at our crummy pricing that's going on now. I have to have the third crew because most of my work is in a 6-7 month period and just can not get it done with just two crews. I have had my 3rd trailer sitting not working about 6 months this year

Its weird, I have less man hours = less payroll this year by far, but our numbers are only down by about 30K all in all it looks like I made more money this year in my pocket. I will know better soon, after I go over everything with the accountant. It sure does help to have efficient crews

Now residential if the work is there I can see two maybe 3 crews doing 500K. But to drum up enough of work, I would think pricing would actually have to be lower than what you would usually do, just to capture more market share. But then again that's our market here in SC. I dont think there's enough higher end work to be captured by one company to get you to 500K around here or much of the southeast
Even established companies, would have to put a lot every year into advertising and return work to stay around or above 500K

Good luck all in 2010

Our problem isnt in closing the sales, it is getting the phone to ring. However last year we kinda figured out what wont work for us advertising wise and what will, and we are focusing on what will this year. The phone has rang more in the first few days this year than it did in the first 2 weeks last year.

Maybe its the economy, maybe its the advertising but either way i got a feeling this year is going to kick ass.

Chris Eichler

I see many talk about gross revenue numbers and ability to reach them. If you give your client the ultimate service experience and ASK for referrals on top of Target Markeing you should be able to achieve your sales goals. The only number that truly defines ones successs is PROFIT.

It is about what you get to keep at the end of the year not how much gross revenue your did.

I am extremely new to this industry so I am not sure what would be expected average profit margins.

I know this I will soon learn from this forum.

Ken Fenner

I see many talk about gross revenue numbers and ability to reach them. If you give your client the ultimate service experience and ASK for referrals on top of Target Markeing you should be able to achieve your sales goals. The only number that truly defines ones successs is PROFIT.

It is about what you get to keep at the end of the year not how much gross revenue your did.

I am extremely new to this industry so I am not sure what would be expected average profit margins.

I know this I will soon learn from this forum.

I swear to god this is not me using a different screen name.

Hallejuhah! another business person that gets it. Margins can be very sweet in this industry depending upon which stream of revenue you chase. Resi guys should be averaging about $200/hr per crew. Commercial guys $70-$100. The specialty industrial cleaners/ restoration co's with the right certs can bill at $600/hr per 3-man crew.

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
I swear to god this is not me using a different screen name.

Hallejuhah! another business person that gets it. Margins can be very sweet in this industry depending upon which stream of revenue you chase. Resi guys should be averaging about $200/hr per crew. Commercial guys $70-$100. The specialty industrial cleaners/ restoration co's with the right certs can bill at $600/hr per 3-man crew.

Bingo!!
And if you stick to that plan, hold your price and work your contacts you will make a profit!!!!!!!!! Its that simple period.