• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

First holiday light hanging.

Florin Nutu

This is my first light hanging job. Customer is a past roof clean job.
Ran lights down all gutters, facia, downspouts and visible roof lines. Took 3 hours to hang all by myself. No nails or staples. Just clips. All plugged into a light sensing timer that can get adjusted to how long they want the lights on after dusk.
I kinda missunderestimated how much lights I needed. Luckily I bought the same type lights for my own houise at the same time. Ended up using 40 extra feet than what I calculated. Luckily I put in the bid that the material cost is only a guesstimation and might need to adjust final price. What is your guys method of measuring?
This particular job I gained a decent profit despite the longer time than anticipated. Starting Monday I will advertise this service some more to see if I can get a few more in. (Its probably too late in the game to get too much response)

Attachments

• SNO 1.jpg
    SNO 1.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 55
  • SNO 2.jpg
    SNO 2.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 48

Don M.

Florin, I use a wheel to measure the roof line. The peaks take the entire length and times by two.

You've tapped into something good I feel. I'm having product issues. We got 10 estimates just over the weekend. If I can get the product the next two weeks will be jamming.

I know in July I am buying my product then. I might try to find another guy that buys by the container from China to see if I can get on with him.

Florin Nutu

Florin, I use a wheel to measure the roof line. The peaks take the entire length and times by two.

You've tapped into something good I feel. I'm having product issues. We got 10 estimates just over the weekend. If I can get the product the next two weeks will be jamming.

I know in July I am buying my product then. I might try to find another guy that buys by the container from China to see if I can get on with him.

Yep. My measuring was off as well as I went by the lighted length listed on the boxes when I did my bid and calculations of how much I needed. I couldnt get the light strands taught enough to measure what was listed on the box. Lesson learned. I actually just bought everything from a HD. Probably not the cheapest but I didnt want to invest time in finding a better supplier if I was not sure if I was going to continue doing this.

Florin Nutu

UPDATE!!! I am definately not going to keep doing this service next year. Too much hassle. I have had to go back to this house 4 times. The lower strands to the left of the front door keep going out in the middle of the night. When I get there in the daytime they are back on so I cant tell exactly where the interruption is. I finally said hell with it and I changed out three strands yesterday.

cmturner

Hey Florin thats why need to go with a good quality light, not saying that you won't ever have problems but installing using custom cut lights strands would be much easier and it would be much easier to diagnose a problem. check out the product from these guys, www.reinders.com and go read a bunch over at www.lawnsite.com under the christmas light heading.