• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

First House Strip & Stain

Rick Honahan

UAMCC Contractor Member
Been doing decks but this is the first House/Camp Strip and stain job. Since starting on Wednesday we now have 2 larger camps to do along with 3 decks on this small lake in our area

Last edited:

Rick Honahan

UAMCC Contractor Member
Had to resize before I could get them on here. Give me the good, bad or any comments.

Attachments

• Joel 1 before.jpg
    Joel 1 before.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 60
  • joel 1 strip.jpg
    joel 1 strip.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 61

Ken Fenner

Looks perfect, Rick. Also looks like a great project. Square walls, minimum windows and not too high. What is your stain/sealer of choice?

Rick Honahan

UAMCC Contractor Member
I will be using A-C Cedar Semi on the Mahagony siding and semi Brown on the Cedar Shakes. Yeh that wall was the easy one. We are done all the Stripping with F-18 and neutralized with f-8 but can't post final pics of the front until it quits raining here in our area. The Pic of the front is before we started just so you get an idea of what we were up against instead of all just straight walls without windows.

Attachments

• joel 1 back before.jpg
    joel 1 back before.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 55
  • joel 1 f8.jpg
    joel 1 f8.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 49
  • joel 1 front.jpg
    joel 1 front.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 56

Terry Miller

Rick,
Great job. This has to be a challenge for anyone. The variables and weather had to be a good teacher for you. How may worked at a time? How was the stain applied? Keep it up and do it at your price.

Jfife

Hey Rick,

That is a beautiful job right there! I've never seen mahogany siding before....and I don't know that I'll be the same ever again! That is amazing!

One thing---in the 1st pic where you have the windows masked, appears you were washing.....it looks to me like you might have applied your chems from the top-down, thus leaving streaks on the wall. Depending on the stain you use, it very well may show through.

Rick Honahan

UAMCC Contractor Member
I have posted another pic where it is just about dry after neultralizing. I will post pics after final staining as we are just about done a Cedar sided job that I will post pics of in the next day or two. The Cedar has come out just as awesome and I the customer is extremely happy/

Attachments

• joel almost dry back.jpg
    joel almost dry back.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 39