• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Box Truck layout

right now I have my eyes on a 12'er and a 14'er. You would think that with the way the auto industry is these days that the dealers would be jumping at any potential sale, not so around here??

I would like to see your pics Mike

Here are some pics if they upload correctly. A 12 footer will get you out of space in no time. Do it once and do it right, 14 foot is a minimum for a box truck anything else will simply be a starter setup. Call with any questions, but the pics shoudl be self explanatory.

Just a note, the tank can hold 425 gallons. On the left you will seet two elbows on the tank, one set for 125 gallons with a float and the other at 425. Dont need all that water all the time. All the hydrant fill stuff is stored in the side boxes, it is efficient and works great for me.

Attachments

• bt1.jpg
    bt1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 99
  • bt2.jpg
    bt2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 87
  • bt3.jpg
    bt3.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 94
  • bt4.jpg
    bt4.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 92
  • bt5.jpg
    bt5.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 91
  • bt6.jpg
    bt6.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 86
Jim,
Doug was the one that I bought the truck from with the lift. The model number is L-15. You could check the spec's for it on their website. I did not keep it due to the fact that a buddy of mine has a tow truck and a forklift and I can get the machines in and out easier with his equipment. Let me know if your interested before I throw it on ebay.
Also, did the pics help you any in your design ideas?
Mike.

Jim Chesmore

ok, heres my truck and what I have done so far.. Whatcha think? I have not had a chance to get it lettered yet so I didnt bother with pics of the outside

Attachments

• New Truck 4s.JPG
    New Truck 4s.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 79
  • New Truck 3s.JPG
    New Truck 3s.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 78
  • New Truck 2s.jpg
    New Truck 2s.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 83
  • New Truck 1s.jpg
    New Truck 1s.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 84

Doug Tripp

Jim,

Only thing I'd do different is turn the chemical pump (fatboy?) around so that the hose reel is by the door so it can be rolled up/pulled out without getting in the truck.

Jim Chesmore

I thought about that Doug but having easy access to the on/off switch was more important at the time. I'm gonna talk to a welder friend of mine about setting up one of the shelves to hold that reel, then I will have the best of both worlds.

Chris Hartje

Contributing Member
Great Thread for us box truck guys! A lot of good ideas.. I have been thinking about a wall tank my self to create some more room!

I ended up taking the engine exhaust through the floor! Has worked out pretty good....

Attachments

• CIMG1577.jpg
    CIMG1577.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 73
  • CIMG1575.jpg
    CIMG1575.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 76
  • CIMG1578.jpg
    CIMG1578.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 75

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
Just curious Jim, the machine and the tank all on one side?? Is the truck lop sided????

No not really!
We mostly use our tank as a buffer.
When we fill the tank its a bit tilted but we dont run around with a full tank very often.I installed a dump valve on one side if the tank.
We just installed another hose reel underneath running two guns off a 8.6 gal unit. We can run two surface cleaners at once.This truck is strictly for commercial accounts (restaurants).

Jimmy V

Tomdurbin

Contributing Member
Hello Everyone,

I have a great deal with a company that is always looking to move box trucks. I can get 2003 - 2004 box trucks with diesel motors and a warranty. For the set-up like you are talking I can put the whole package together including the truck, tank, hose reels and installation for about $19,000.00

Douglas Hicks

Tom, nice card. I like the flames. But when I see the flames, I think the community is on fire. Then I see your PW & think you had something to do with the fire.

Anyone else notice how Tom set the town on fire?