• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Cleaning Slate patio

Isaac Baghdanov

I really hate this stuff. I did 3k sq ft today. It was a repeat from last year. It took me 3 hours, I did use a wand. Last year I used my surface cleaner, and it didn't save any time. Actually took longer. Sorry no pics, too busy. See ya!

Isaac Baghdanov

Hey Los, I didn't take pics, too busy, but it was a light tan color with lots of texture. The texture traps dirt, pollen and mold, and it's a bitch to clean. Not hard, just tedious.

Florin Nutu

Hey Los, I didn't take pics, too busy, but it was a light tan color with lots of texture. The texture traps dirt, pollen and mold, and it's a bitch to clean. Not hard, just tedious.

Hmmm, and you say the surface cleaner didnt do the trick? I have something like that in a couple weeks, not as big as yours but hope I didnt missbid if I have to wand the whole thing.

Isaac Baghdanov

Hmmm, and you say the surface cleaner didnt do the trick? I have something like that in a couple weeks, not as big as yours but hope I didnt missbid if I have to wand the whole thing.

Yeah it took longer with the surface cleaner. By the time I was done SC-ing, the dirt had settled into the nooks and crannys. This time, it was like cleaning and rinsing at the same time. I am doing club house pool area tomorrow, its all slate (smooth), and I will wand it. it's much bigger but not as dirty, should take about 3 hrs. Good luck on yours.

Eric Flynn

Yeah it took longer with the surface cleaner. By the time I was done SC-ing, the dirt had settled into the nooks and crannys. This time, it was like cleaning and rinsing at the same time. I am doing club house pool area tomorrow, its all slate (smooth), and I will wand it. it's much bigger but not as dirty, should take about 3 hrs. Good luck on yours.

We did a huge pebble driveway a while back that gave us the same problem. Eric ended up surface cleaning and a helper rinsed behind him with a garden hose. Once they got they process down, it went a little faster! LOL. :rolleyes:

~Jen

Jeff Wible

3-4 gallons hypo and 16 0z. of hydroxide and a splash of dish soap for wetting agent and the rest water to make 5 gallons total. Downstream onto surface and let it sit and do it's thing. Keep it wet either with more product or with just water,..with sufficient time it will make this job a breeze. I've done a lot of slate and the above combination works very well for me. Patience is key though and will make things go better on these jobs.

Jeff

Isaac Baghdanov

3-4 gallons hypo and 16 0z. of hydroxide and a splash of dish soap for wetting agent and the rest water to make 5 gallons total. Downstream onto surface and let it sit and do it's thing. Keep it wet either with more product or with just water,..with sufficient time it will make this job a breeze. I've done a lot of slate and the above combination works very well for me. Patience is key though and will make things go better on these jobs.

Jeff

I will do that on my next one! They also had a plugged drain, so I had to sweep about 800 sq ft.