• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Sodium Hypochlorite

Bill Hudson

Recently purchased 500 gallons of 12% Sodium Hypochlorite from a local vendor. Now, I'm no scientist, but shouldn't it smell like bleach and act like bleach?????

There's almost no 'bleach' smell and 5 minutes after dipping a blue towel into it, the towel is still blue! Thought maybe it was dyed with one of those colorfast dyes, so I used regular Clorox concentrate and less than a minute later it was white.

So, I'm thinking I didn't get what I paid for. Now, the MSDS states that its Sodium Hypochlorite 9-13%, but shouldn't it still bleach out the towel?!?!?!

Darren Whitson

Seems suspicious so I understand your concern. Have you contacted the vendor yet? If it is SH it may be very old. Do you have a pool by chance? You could use a pool testing kit to at least determine if there's a chlorine reading when the SH is mixed in water. This won't give you SH concentration levels but will at least let you know if there's anything active in the barrel. I believe Taylor makes a kit which will test SH concentrations for bulk batches.